Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Flo Follow



I'm not much of one for social media but for BGA Daily I have to take a look around and here are a few things I found today.

After being named Bushnell Cup winner as the Ivy League defensive player of the year, Flo Orimolade offered brief comments during the presentation. He expanded on them via Instagram:
I am truly blessed to be the recipient of the Asa S. Bushnell Cup. I was too nervous to really remember to thank everyone that needed to be thanked on my way to the end of my collegiate career, I just wanted to get off the stage actually. But, I just want to thank all the people that helped me from when I started playing in 10th grade. My family, friends, coaches, supporters, and doubters. I wish everybody who has helped me along the way could get the award at Their house for a day but we would run out of days in the year because it's a 1 of 1 trophy and more than 365 people have helped me. It was a really disappointing and by far my most difficult season of football that taught me a lot about my self but a Special shoutout to the Dartmouth defense this past year that had a lot of people step up because of injuries and lack of starter experience that made a hard season easier. Thanks to all that have supported me and will continue to support me. 
A little more from social media – Tweets from former Dartmouth and NFL quarterback Jay Fiedler, himself a Bushnell winner:





Speaking of which . . .

The temperature at Old Faithful in Yellowstone was projected to be 18 below zero at 8 a.m. today. Wonder if That Certain Dartmouth '14 has *warm* memories of spending last winter as a ranger in the Everglades while she continues training to spend the winter driving and giving tours in one of these?



She's also training on the snow coaches with continuous tracks like those on bulldozers ;-)
And finally, with the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor the news is filled with clips and soundbites featuring survivors of the attack. Truly the Greatest Generation.

Unless I heard wrong, on the Today Show this morning a 104-year-old hero standing amidst young men in uniform snuck in a "Go Army" chant that just might have a little to do with a game being played Saturday in Baltimore ;-)